In collaboration with John Dingley we bring you the DigiGurdy: a fully digital, midi-based Hurdy Gurdy. It plays like a regular Hurdy Gurdy, but the sound is completely electronic. So you can play it with headphones on, in the middle of the night, without the police showing up or your partner kicking you out. Other benefits include: it does not need rosin or cotton, and it does not go out of tune.
For more information and ordering please go to the dedicated website:
– Emulates a 4 string hurdy gurdy (2 melody, one trompette, one drone).
– 4 preset tunings for beginners + ability to set and save your own tunings. Huge range of tuning options.
– Buttons for; volume up/down, pitch up/down, trompette on/off, drone on/off and crank-free playing. All can be user-customised.
– MIDI via the USB cable to connected device such as an iPad or iphone.
– Conventional MIDI-out socket can be used with a Bluetooth transmitter for wireless connection.
– Optional internal audio board with memory card for self-contained operation with a line-out / headphone socket.
– Screen for navigating menus and display of current note being played.
– Bi-directional crank.